Family Adviser - Children and Families Hub
Permanent, Full Time
£21,057 to £27,391 per annum
Closing date: 23rd June 2021
Children and Families is recognised as a service in which social work can develop and prosper, with a culture of collaboration, integrity and compassion; promoting development and wellbeing of children, young people and their families; protecting them from neglect and abuse. Working together with partners delivering a range of early help, family support and effective social work interventions which build resilience, remove barriers and enable children and young people to look forward to a brighter future.
The Role - Children and Families Hub Adviser
This is a key role that ensures the `Single Point of Entry` is accessible by professionals, members of the public and families. Advisers will work with a team of senior staff to ensure that children and families receive a prompt and appropriate response to concerns and risks, making sure that all contact is dealt with safely and efficiently. You will respond to enquiries and referrals via a range of sources including telephone calls and emails from professionals, members of the public and families.
You will proactively gather information and record in line with procedures and legislation to ensure that families in Essex receive the most appropriate level of support in a timely manner through either robust information, advice and guidance or onward referral to the appropriate team.
What you will need
- A knowledge and understanding of current national and local safeguarding legislation and procedures including the Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex guidance and the Children`s Act.
- Good general level of education including English at GCSE grade A-C, or demonstrably equivalent abilities.
- Experience of communicating by telephone and electronically recording information promptly and in adherence with data protection legislation.
- Understanding of high-quality customer care and information provision and an appreciation of potential barriers and challenges for hard to reach groups.
- High level of inter-personal, negotiation and communication skills, engaging at appropriate levels with a variety of audiences.
- Confidence and working experience of IT systems including using a range of recording systems.
- Awareness of Health and Safety at Work
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.