Executive Head of Adopt East
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £80,420 per annum
Working Style: Community-based worker
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
Interview Date: 13th February 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the biggest Regional Adoption Alliance in the country as the Executive Head of Adopt East. The post is responsible for delivery of strategic priorities and core principles underpinning the partnership providing both support and challenge to ensure success and sustainability.
Adopt East is a Regional Adoption Alliance that went live in October 2020. It is made up of eight local authorities: Bedford Borough, Essex County Council, Hertfordshire County Council, Luton Borough Council, Norfolk County Council, Southend City Council, Suffolk County Council and Thurrock Council, and two Voluntary Adoption Agencies Adoption Plus and Barnardo’s. Although you will be employed by Essex County Council the role is very much connected to all our regional partners and is therefore not Essex based.
The Executive Head of Adopt East requires you to be a strong leader, with an ability to utilise your skills in harnessing partnership working and navigating the complexities of adoption work. You will be expected to have experience in managing adoption services and a passion to deliver high quality adoption services. The post will give the post holder the ability to use excellent influencing and change management skills; the ability to provide support and innovation in the development and delivery of high-quality adoptive services across a regional model and the opportunity to lead a committed passionate team to make a real difference to children and families across the region.
- Accountable for delivering system leadership thinking, ensuring exceptional operational delivery is aligned to each LA lead activity, overseeing, and reviewing performance to ensure the political objectives and priorities of each council are met, as outlined within the Regional Adoption Alliance (RAA) Agreement
- Responsible for using evidence-based insight to identify opportunities for the improvement and sustainability of a regional approach to adoption, managing complex change so the highest possible levels of service quality are delivered
- Responsible for producing and delivering an annual business plan which promotes the sustainability and continued effectiveness and efficiency of the Alliance
- Lead on developing and managing the Adopt East performance management and quality assurance frameworks, working to agreed Alliance partnership targets and objectives
- Accountable for leadership and risk management in future proofing resources committed to the Regional Adoption Alliance
The Experience You Will Bring
- A recognised social work qualification (i.e. Diploma, degree or Masters in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent) with current registration with Social Work England (SWE). Also be able to evidence post qualifying training and development.
- A good working knowledge of relevant adoption regulation and legislation and practice.
- Ability to anticipate, interpret and manage change and achieve results through influence and negotiation, remaining clearly focused on outcomes to deliver required results.
- Ability to establish and sustain positive relationships and partnership working that generates confidence, respect, credibility and trust.
- High-level strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgement in seeking creative solutions to risk management in complex situations.
To read more about us please visit: Children & Families
Please take a look at our ‘No Magic’ Children & Families video here
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
Please note the closing date for this post is Tuesday 31st January 2023. Shortlisting will take place following this and interviews will be held on Monday 13th February 2023.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Sukriti Sen (firstname.lastname@example.org)