Energy Efficiency Officer (LoCASE)
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £32,614 per annum
This is a full time role for a fixed period up to 31st August 2023.
Essex County Council (ECC) is committed to changing the way we work, produce, consume and travel, to take action on climate change and significantly reduce carbon emissions, air pollution and waste in the County.
The Energy Efficiency Officer is responsible for ensuring the success of the Low Carbon Across the South East 2 (LoCASE 2) project, part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) –
LoCASE 2 supports SMEs across the South East Local Enterprise Partnerships (SELEP) area to lower carbon emissions and improve energy efficiency through targeted business support and grants. This post is a 2-year fixed term position.
Key skills we are looking for include: experience in carrying out energy audits industrial and commercial businesses; educated to degree/postgraduate level desirable or experience in an environmental based field; deep understanding of Low Carbon policy and environmental initiatives, locally, nationally and in Europe; and knowledge of Low Carbon Technologies/Renewables, philosophy and methodology, with an ability to translate into programmes of work. Service/Functional Accountabilities
- Responsible for managing individual businesses through the journey of diagnostic assessment and energy efficiency advice process.
- Responsible for energy surveying business premises and advising on best measure(s) for each building through excel based energy, emission and cost savings.
- Implement and manage diagnostic assessment and energy efficiency advice for the LoCASE 2 project, ensuring synergies between the work packages and key objectives.
- Work collaboratively with businesses to assist identification of appropriate and relevant carbon reduction solutions, contributing to the commissioning of external service providers support.
- Work closely with economic and business support officers in each of the Business Essex, Southend & Thurrock (BEST) Growth Hub areas, managing relationships between businesses and suppliers on behalf of the LOCASE 2 partners.
- Develop and maintain partnerships across the BEST Growth Hub area and the wider South East LEP (SELEP) on low carbon economy and business engagement initiatives. Incorporating learning outcomes and best practice in the project.
- Contribute to the achievement of desired impact and outputs of the LoCASE project across the BEST Growth Hub area, promoting this through networking events and workshops.
- Specific Individual and Shared targets and objectives are defined within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of conducting energy audits within businesses and non-domestic buildings, interrogating data relating to energy consumption and carbon emissions and producing high quality energy efficiency analysis and reports (EPC and excel based).
- Educated to degree/postgraduate level desirable (but not essential) or equivalent experience in an environmental based field.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Low Carbon policy agenda and environmental initiatives, locally, nationally and in Europe, particularly in respect of business engagement and support.
- Good understanding of Low Carbon Technologies/Renewable opportunities, philosophy and methodology, with an ability to translate into programmes of work.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with partners which are collaborative and influential, leading to achievement of joint objectives
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you’d like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool.