Domestic Cleaner – Black Swan Care Group – Valentine House
Permanent, Part Time
£9.15 per hour
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Black Swan Care Group to recruit a Domestic Cleaner for their residential care facility, Valentine House.
This is a part time position and will require day, evening and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Black Swan Care Group has been involved in the Care Sector since its founding in 1991. The Company started as Business Consultants to the Care Sector primarily instructed to give advice to UK Banks, before purchasing its first Care Home in 1994. Since then, Black Swan Care Group have been providing care to elderly adults and adults with learning and/or physical disabilities through the East of England.
Valentine House is an elderly care home in Silver End, a small village in Essex, between Braintree and Witham. The Home is a large care facility able to accommodate up to 50 residents, including special support for those living with Dementia.
Black Swan Care Group are looking to recruit a Domestic Cleaner to join the fantastic team at Valentine House. This is a great opportunity to join a home where you can work closely with the Manager to provide a clean, healthy, and hygienic environment for residents to reside in.
- Ensure that all rooms and common spaces are properly cleaned and maintained throughout the building
- Manage stock control and budget records
- Maintain a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the building as set down by the Health and Hygiene Authorities
- Maintain the Environmental Cleaning Schedule and checklist found in the Infection Control and Cleaning File
- Ensure that the storage of all cleaning materials conform to the Home’s COSHH policy
- Ensure all equipment used is well maintained and kept in good working order
- Contribute towards the development of activities and day care programmes for residents in which they can join in and which will enhance their quality of life
- Assist those residents who wish to participate in the cleaning of their bedrooms.
- Paid Breaks
- Full paid induction and training programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialized
- Progression with internal promotions available, across the group
- Blue light Card
- Employee Careline with our confidential telephone counselling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
In line with government legislation, all colleagues who work in a CQC registered care home or will need to attend such a setting as part of their role must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of 11th November 2021.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Black Swan Care Group and if successful you will be employed by Black Swan Care Group.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Black Swan Care Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Black Swan Care Group applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Laura.O’Connor@essex.gov.uk