Permanent, Part Time
Up to £17,136.40 per annum
This role is Part-Time and based at Longwood Place Residential Home in Basildon.
Monday – Friday, 5 mornings per week, total of 16 hours.
Salary will be on a pro rata basis, so will be up to £7,410 per annum.
About the Role
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles :- prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
Domestic Assistants will contribute to the maintenance and cleaning of laundry, communal areas, bedrooms and kitchens within residential homes, to ensure cleanliness and high standards of food hygiene for adults.
Utilising existing skills and experience in effective laundry management to maintain cleanliness in individual and communal rooms, together with some kitchen experience will be an important element in undertaking this role effectively.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring all laundry duties within residential homes is undertaken efficiently and in a timely way.
- Contributes to kitchen efficiency by utilising equipment to ensure cleanliness of kitchen tools, crockery and pans are maintained to a high standard, on a regular basis.
- Ensures all areas remain tidy and clean throughout shifts to ensure environment is safe and welcoming to both residents and visitors.
- Undertake kitchen and dining room duties which may incorporate basic food preparation, when required, to ensure hygiene and cleanliness maintained throughout residential homes.
- Contributes to cleaning and laundry of items in residential homes, to ensure standards of cleanliness are delivered to a high quality and maintained.
With us, you can achieve more – for yourself as well as the vulnerable adults you work to support. We encourage our teams to share their ideas and experience. We work together to get things done. Bring your positive, proactive attitude, and we’ll empower you to make the most of your experience as a Domestic Assistant within Essex County Council (ECC) Adult Social Care services.
You will be educated to Educated to RQF level 1 or equivalent by experience with a willingness to achieve the award within 24 months of starting the role.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Evidence of Health and Safety experience and any relevant qualifications and evidence of training incorporating moving and handling of objects.
- Evidence of a First Aid qualification, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of basic food hygiene.
- Experience of maintaining high standards of cleanliness within a residential setting.
- Understanding of working in a setting for adults who are receiving a period of residential care.
- Ability and experience of working on initiative and flexible attitude.
- Friendly demeanour, empathetic towards others with clear knowledge of confidentiality.
What we offer in return
We’ll support you to be to your best, with the resources, training and development to empower you. With flexible working options and other lifestyle benefits, we’ll enable you to make the most of your life outside work, too.
Whatever you want to achieve in your social care career, you can do it here.
Apply now at WorkingForEssex.com
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.