Digital Systems Specialist – Development & E-Services – Tendring District Council
Fixed Term, Full Time
£27,852 - £37,261 per annum
Location: Clacton on Sea
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Tendring District Council to recruit a Digital Systems Specialist for their Development & E-Services team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Development and E-Services Team for a Digital Systems Specialist, initially for a fixed term period of 2 years. The team forms a key strand of Tendring District Council’s Digital and Assurance Service which supports around 650 officer colleagues and 48 councillors.
The role plays a key part in the design and delivery of the transformation of a diverse and interesting range of council systems. Your efforts will seek to improve business processes, empowering residents with new self-services whilst driving down the Council’s operational costs.
You will be joining a team driving efforts to modernise services through project management and low code development, using the MS Power Platform whilst being given the freedom to explore new emerging technologies. In addition, the role will involve assisting in the development and maintenance of the Council’s website.
You’re also likely to find yourself leading projects or providing specialist technical skills, supervising contractors, and coaching junior staff members, and working alongside cybersecurity, technical operations, IT ServiceDesk, and information governance colleagues.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- General education to A Level standard including 4 GCSEs (A* - C) English Language, Mathematics and a Science or Computing or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management/ knowledge would be an advantage
- Expert/ detailed knowledge of a wide range of business supporting software applications, systems and/ or supporting hardware infrastructure and processes and procedures
- Experience of providing customer focused support which involved face to face, telephone and written communication with customers including detailed use of Information Technology and its delivery.
- Research, data analysis and report writing/ presentation skills.
- Project Management skills including an understanding of the Council’s risk management policy.
We’d be interested to hear from individuals who can demonstrate transferrable skills as it’s your enthusiasm, passion, tenacity, and drive that we want.
Exact work location: Clacton on Sea, with the ability to work from home / remotely 2-3 days per week.
Hours: 37 Hours per week.
Salary: £27,852 to £37,261 per annum
Please note that this is a fixed term contract / secondment opportunity for a period of 24 months.
Why work with us?
- Make a difference to the local community and help the council transform Tendring as we focus on positive society-wide benefits.
- Gain experience through working in a unique area and using a wide range of powers with the freedom to innovate
- Work for a high performing department with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Happy to consider candidates with a Public or Private sector background.
- Free On-Site Parking.
- Great funded training pathways. Encouraged to all staff for their continuing professional development.
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance.
- Remote Working where possible.
- Local Authority Defined Benefit Pension Scheme.
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- A fully funded Employee Assistance Programme.
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership.
- A number of Salary Sacrifice initiatives.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
What you should do next
If you would like to see a full job description for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference REQ 9873