Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £26,584 per annum
Closing Date: 12th December 2021
* This position will initially, be based from home, however the role is expected to be to on a hybrid (remote / office) basis going forward.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist will play a key role in ensuring that communication and marketing schemes are successfully delivered. This will be achieved by developing and implementing a robust communications plan, devising marketing campaigns that deliver key messages and promote Services and Events to Essex Residents.
The role requires an individual who is confident to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, while being adaptable and adept in a fast-moving environment. We are seeking to build a new and improved relationship with our residents and stakeholders that is based on real engagement, underpinned by positive and proactive communication. As a directorate we are seeking new and innovative ways to convey complex messages and keep our customers informed and engaged.
· Support Customer Directorate to successfully utilise marketing and communication in order to build awareness and increase engagement on our Social platforms for Customer Services. Responsible for collating and posting social media communications regarding Customer Services as well as communications through other mediums such as our websites.
· Deliver new and targeted digital content such as podcasts, video and blogs, taking responsibility for the creation of insight led content including video creation and editing, making content accessible to all.
· Support in the creation of innovative ideas to best meet the corporate objectives of the service and work closely with internal and external stakeholders, providing feedback on campaigns through the use of data analysis via collaboration of resources across Optimisation areas.
· Support the development and delivery of internal communications across Customer, keeping front line teams up to date on policy changes and new trends. Customer is made up of a number of departments plus some support services and in this role you will required to plan and execute communication across all these departments to keep staff and managers informed and engaged in Customer news and developments.
· Working collaboratively with colleagues in the customer service functions to identify areas to improve communications and marketing of the service, in collaboration with Registrations/Ceremonies/Libraries /Coroners. This will include planning and implementing stakeholder engagement across all of the Customer function.
· Undertake marketing of events and activities for example, events such as reading challenges in the libraries. This will include using multiple mediums to communicate to residents what events are happening and when.
· Responsible for maintaining and developing the Libraries social media platforms against strategic objectives with a view to extend the offering to other services within the Directorate.
· Deliver new and targeted digital content such as podcasts, video and blogs, taking responsibility for the creation of insight led content and for some video creation and editing, including making content accessible to all.
· Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
· Educated to a minimum RQF level 4 qualification in a marketing/communications relevant field or equivalent by experience.
· Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to persuade, negotiate and deliver presentations or engagement events to a wide range of audiences
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
· Experience of supporting campaign planning and execution to meet deadlines.
· Experience of content development such as podcasts, video and blogs
· Ability to demonstrate technical skills in using social media platforms. Knowledge and understanding of integrated media and how to develop targeted social campaigns.
· Possess an in-depth knowledge and ability to deliver high quality content using Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. To read more please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/about-us/
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please visit this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/organisational-behaviours/
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found via https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Apply and next steps
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org