Device Management Engineer
Up to £30,021 per annum
Working Style: Fixed-Based Worker
Closing Date: Sunday 29th January 2023
**Please note that this is a fixed term contract for a period of six months.**
Technology Services (TS) deliver critical business applications that are vital to the support and successful completion of business operations. The applications are installed on technical platforms and infrastructure and accessed by a range of devices that provide the interface between the user and the applications all of which are essential to successful delivery of the service to ensure business operations can be maintained.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
This role is responsible for working to maintain and configure all corporate user devices including any hardware build, refresh or hardware and firmware upgrades enabling business operations to meet security, statutory and regulatory requirements to ensure services are delivered to the citizens of Essex.
- Undertake tasks required to meet Service and Operational levels and Device Performance targets that enable business operations to continue successfully.
- Use market knowledge and vendor technology roadmaps to support alignment between applications and User Device capability and configuration ensuring efficient technical operation and mitigating any risk of unplanned cost whilst exploiting new and innovative technology development
- Responsible for the build and implementation of User Devices required to enable secure access to and operation of applications needed to ensure successful business operations.
- Responsible for completing approved moves, adds and changes for User Devices ensuring the maintenance of a current technical environment supporting the successful delivery of business operations.
- Responsible for configuring and distributing end user devices and supporting the adoption and understanding of technology to assist the development of a computer literate workforce.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent by experience.
- Demonstrate experience of working successfully within effective small teams in a large Public Sector or Private Sector Organisation delivering critical Platform and Infrastructure in support of Public Sector business operations.
- Hold accreditation as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) and RITT Support or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and capability to work within, relevant ICT related standards including HMG Security Policy Framework, IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
- Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Good customer service skills.
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies
To read more about us please visit https://www.workingforessex.com/role/corporate-services
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Chloe.OMalley@essex.gov.uk