Deputy Manager - Hamelin Trust - Billericay
Permanent, Full Time
£13.50 per hour
Closing Date: 7th July 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Hamelin Trust to recruit a deputy manager for their home care service based in Billericay
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, shift patterns vary and will require weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Hamelin Trust is a local registered charity supporting people with learning disabilities (including those with other physical and sensory impairments), providing person-centred care and support to adults and children through our various services.
As part of the amalgamation of their day service and community support service, Hamelin Trust have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to help lead the team.
Experience working with people with learning disabilities is desired however training and mentoring can be provided if an applicant is successful.
- To support the registered manager with the management, development, coordination, and growth of community support services
- To deputise the manager in all aspects of the role, including attending meetings and undertaking all agreed areas of responsibility
- Ensure the support given is assessed, planned and safe whilst being responsive to the needs of the individual, this role will involve some personal care.
- Ensure all areas of support are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Ensure staff are supervised, mentored, and trained to facilitate a high quality of care.
- Candidates should have experience working with people with learning disabilities.
- 25% pay enhancement for weekend working
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of all public holidays)
- Free training – including full induction and on-going training
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program through Health Assured
Please note applicants will need to have a full driver’s licence.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Hamelin Trust and if successful you will be employed by Hamelin Trust.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. The cost of this will be refunded by Hamelin Trust. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Hamelin Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Hamelin Trust applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk
Alternatively, please call 01277 653889 to speak to a member of the Hamelin Trust team who can also provide a copy of the full job description.