Fixed Term, Part Time
Up to £27,338 per annum FTE (pro rata)
Location: Braintree and Rural Braintree
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 29th January 2023
Please note this a fixed term contract opportunity for a period of 12 months.
We are actively seeking experienced teachers/tutors across Braintree and rural Braintree with knowledge of one of more of the following areas:
ESOL, SEND, English and Maths, Parenting, Family Wellbeing, Early Years, Family Work (working with parents and children)
We have a primary focus to recruit an individual with a passion to support families and communities with a fear of Maths/Numeracy.
Adult Community Learning are looking for a passionate individual to teach Family Learning and Community Engagement courses relevant to their expertise. The tutor will be required to design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs. The post will include some centre-based delivery and delivery in outreach locations, some online teaching and may include work in evenings, weekends and school holidays.
ACL Essex is the largest provider of adult education in the county. Our aim is to provide learners with as many ways to flourish as possible, to be there in communities across Essex, to make a difference to residents and businesses, so they can make a difference for themselves and to the places that they live in.
What’s in it for you?
- Not only will the successful candidate be joining a team of experienced professionals.
- You will receive a salary of up to £27,338 per annum (FTE).
- An additional 60% uplift for teaching contact hours is included for lesson prep and marking.
- You will also have access to hundreds of discounts and perks as well as the opportunity to join our competitive pension scheme.
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures.
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use.
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge.
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement.
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills.
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others.
- To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Qualified to teach up to GCSE.
- Nationally recognised teaching qualification or Teaching / training experience is desirable.
- Competent user of ICT.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge.
- Good understanding of social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion and safeguarding.
- Minimum of Level 2 in English and Maths.
To read more about us please visit:
Place & Public Health: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com