Community Engagement Officer
Fixed Term, Part Time
Up to £26,801 per annum (FTE)
Closing Date: 29th September 2021
In line with government legislation, all colleagues who work in a CQC registered care home or will need to attend such a setting as part of their role must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This role has been deemed in scope of this legislation and therefore to be considered for the role you must confirm on application you are fully vaccinated or will be fully vaccinated by November 11th 2021, or that you are exempt. Evidence of vaccination or exemption will be required as part of the pre-employment checks Essex County Council will undertake on you.
Please note this is a fixed term contract until end of March 2022, on a part time basis, 18.5 hours per week. Working hours will be discussed at interview .
There are two position available, one is based in Basildon and the other based in Maldon. Please outline in your application your preferred location.
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is Essex County Council’s (ECC) provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents.
ACL offers qualifications to help people move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace or gain skills to enhance life chances. The service focuses many of its programmes and activities on the hardest to reach communities within Essex. ACL learners have access to a diverse range of non-accredited courses which encourage creativity, healthy lifestyles, social inclusion and engagement.
The Community Engagement Officer (projects) is responsible for developing and maintaining networks of community groups and residents to meet ambitious project targets. Working proactively to promote opportunities and increase numbers of participants on the project.
With excellent account management, ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders that increase new opportunities and achieve project outputs.
Role responsibilities include:
· Responsible for generating good quality leads, from communities and community groups, through a range of engagement activities that increase uptake in learning and support residents into jobs
· Responsible for identifying barriers to work and learning and engaging with organisations to help overcome these challenges
· Identify and attend regular events to promote the project, build the community base and increase uptake
· Effectively use social media to promote the project and work with the Marketing Assistant (projects) to deliver effective marketing campaigns
· Establish a referral network of community focussed organisations to support the project outputs
· Responsible for providing relevant Information, Advice and Guidance and then signposting and referring to appropriate organisations
· Accurately complete relevant paperwork and ensure that records are kept up to date on the ACL CRM system.
· Responsible for carrying out key tasks, as directed by the Project Lead, to ensure targets are met, delivered on time, and within budget.
· Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Educated to level 3 or by experience
· A qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance is desirable but not essential
· Demonstrable track record of generating leads that generate new and sustainable business.
· Proven track record of successfully delivering against challenging targets in an education setting or similar.
· Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent communicator with a proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service at all times.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you’d like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool . If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.