Commissioning Manager - Mental Health
Full Time or Part Time
Up to £59,928 per annum (FTE)
Working Style: Anywhere worker
This is a 12-month fixed term contract or secondment opportunity. Full time, part time (minimum 22.5 hours per week) applications can be considered. We can also consider secondments from other public sector bodies, subject to the agreement of both parties.
Commissioning is a key function within ECC, working across the system to improve outcomes for Essex residents and bring about significant change to manage future challenges. This role leverages expertise and capability to enable a more flexible and agile commissioning environment to succeed in delivering the organisations strategic objectives. This leader will work collaboratively, promoting long-term thinking and innovation to foster the conditions in which outcomes can be delivered.
The role is focused on and responsible for leading and delivering on the All Age Mental Health programme, working collaboratively across the system, to support the delivery of ECCs strategic objectives from within the Adults and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams.
The role will lead on strategic engagement with stakeholders and external partners, exerting influence in a complex and political environment to achieve agreed outcomes, aligned to both corporate and functional strategic objectives.
Roles at this level will be focused on delivering results in a specific functional area. They will hold expertise on the application of policy and improvement of service delivery. These roles have clear team budgets and targets set within the overall service requirements.
The role is accountable for:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensures the political objectives and priorities of the council are met.
- Working collaboratively within and across functions and thinking commercially to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our citizens on a financially sustainable basis
- Maintain and nurture collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans.
- Implementing changes and continually evaluating service to improve the area of work, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered
- Managing complex issues and resources to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the function
- Equality and Diversity is celebrated and considered as part of all decisions taken
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk
- Deliver exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support
- Drives commissioning programmes to meet priorities, as agreed with relevant Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy within Adults and Children and Families and, where appropriate, stakeholders and partners, ensuring plans are implemented with capability, ability and consistency to ensure outcomes are delivered, whilst ensuring value for money and sustainability.
- Work collaboratively across the system to achieve greater efficiency throughout the organisation to reflect local need and is evidence based to deliver the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting the Councils’ interests.
- Accountable for providing support and influence to Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy, leading delivery across a portfolio of commissioning activity, to implement outcomes and solutions.
- Lead on the development and engagement of a broad portfolio of stakeholders, across Essex and the wider system in order to deliver collective outcomes.
- Accountable for ensuring proficient commissioning capability and capacity as part of the Adult and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams to deliver specific programmed commissioning activity to improve outcomes.
- Leading on specific commissioning programmes and activities that will deliver the business plans and drive further continuous improvement to ensure high performing, sustainable and cost-effective services or place shaping activities.
- Collaboratively co-produce design solutions, drawing on good data and insight, expertise methods and approaches from within the council, across Essex and nationally.
- Innovatively respond to new challenges and opportunities ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed, meeting all compliance with internal regulation.
Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience, you will bring experience of working in the health or care sector alongside experience and knowledge of mental health. With curiosity and learning from other innovative and inspirational organisations, you will be able to evidence your ability to create a compelling case for change.
With commercial awareness and creativity in developing business opportunities, you will be able to evidence creativity in delivering results and managing change alongside leadership capability and the ability to influence key decision makers with a clear understanding of the vision and strategy to inspire others.
You will bring experience of working within a political and complex environment and will be able to work effectively with a range of stakeholder and partner agencies at all levels. You will also bring knowledge and proficient experience of the commissioning cycle together with mastery of programme and project management. The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond. A driving licence and car, or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means, is essential.
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com or contact Abbie.Mollison@essex.gov.uk for more information.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.