Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £58,752 per annum
This is a full time fixed term role for a period of 12 months.
Commissioning is a key function within ECC, working across the system to improve outcomes for Essex residents and bring about significant change to manage future challenges. This role leverages expertise and capability to enable a more flexible and agile commissioning environment to succeed in delivering the organisations strategic objectives. This leader will work collaboratively, promoting long term thinking and innovation to foster the conditions in which outcomes can be delivered.
The role is focused on and responsible for leading and delivering a range of programmes, working collaboratively across the system, to support the delivery of ECCs strategic objectives from within the Adults and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams.
The role will lead on strategic engagement with stakeholders and external partners, exerting influence in a complex and political environment to achieve agreed outcomes, aligned to both corporate and functional strategic objectives.
Roles at this level will be focused on delivering results in a specific functional area. in this case Older People's commissioning They will hold expertise on the application of policy and improvement of service delivery. These roles have clear team budgets and targets set within the overall service requirements.
The role is accountable for:
- Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensures the political objectives and priorities of the council are met.
- Working collaboratively within and across functions and thinking commercially to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our citizens on a financially sustainable basis
- Maintain and nurture collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans
- Implementing changes and continually evaluating service to improve the area of work, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered
- Managing complex issues and resources to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the function
- Equality and Diversity is celebrated and considered as part of all decisions taken
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk
- Deliver exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support strong relationships and a reputation for achieving outcomes and resolving issues
Drives commissioning programmes to meet priorities, as agreed with relevant Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy within Adults and Children and Families and, where appropriate, stakeholders and partners, ensuring plans are implemented with capability, ability and consistency to ensure outcomes are delivered, whilst ensuring value for money and sustainability.Work collaboratively across the system to achieve greater efficiency throughout the organisation to reflect local need and is evidence based to deliver the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting the Councils’ interests.Accountable for providing support and influence to Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy, leading delivery across a portfolio of commissioning activity, to implement outcomes and solutions.Lead on the development and engagement of a broad portfolio of stakeholders, across Essex and the wider system in order to deliver collective outcomes.Accountable for ensuring proficient commissioning capability and capacity as part of the Adult and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams to deliver specific programmed commissioning activity to improve outcomes. Leading on specific commissioning programmes and activities that will deliver the business plans and drive further continuous improvement to ensure high performing, sustainable and cost effective services or place shaping activities. Collaboratively co-produce design solutions, drawing on good data and insight, expertise methods and approaches from within the council, across Essex and nationally.Innovatively respond to new challenges and opportunities ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed, meeting all compliance with internal regulation.Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant business, process or professional area.
- Evidence of ability to influence key decision makers with a clear understanding of the vision and strategy to inspire others.
- Knowledge and proficient experience of the commissioning cycle together with mastery of programme and project management.
- Curiosity and learning from other innovative and inspirational organisations, evidence of ability to create a compelling case for change.
- Experience of working within a political and complex environment, working effectively with a range of stakeholder and partner agencies at all levels.
- Evidence of creativity in delivering results and managing change alongside leadership capability.
- Evidence of commercial awareness and creativity in developing business opportunities.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/ Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you’d like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool. If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com.