Climate Change & Sustainability Project Manager - North Herts Council
Full Time, hybrid working
Salary: £39,053.00 to £45,605.00 per annum (pay award pending)
Closing Date: 12 noon on 19th June 2023
Contract type: Please note that this is a fixed term contract for a period of 3 years.
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting North Herts Council to recruit into their Climate Change & Sustainability Project Manager role. Applications should be submitted directly to North Herts Council via the following link:
Climate Change and Sustainability Project Manager | North Herts Council (north-herts.gov.uk)
This is an exciting new role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing projects across a range of services, to enable us to meet our sustainability goals. You will develop business cases and identify potential funding opportunities for projects and provide expert advice on sustainability issues to colleagues.
To oversee the operational approach and delivery of the Council’s net zero carbon ambitions, both for the council’s own operations and for the district of North Hertfordshire. To develop and oversee environmentally sustainable projects and initiatives, in line with our climate change strategy.
- Plan and undertake projects to address climate change and related environmental and sustainability issues
- Develop the technical, financial and business cases for these projects which include calculation of the estimated carbon savings to be made from the proposed projects
- Work alongside the Policy team in ensuring the outcomes of the Council’s Climate Change Strategy are prioritised, and appropriate projects developed and implemented.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Significant experience and knowledge of working on climate change and sustainability projects
- The gravitas to take colleagues and partners with us on our net zero carbon journey
- Experience of developing and sustaining successful partnership working with a range of organisations and key stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills which can be varied for different audiences
Why work with us?
We are committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion in our recruitment practices and in our employment policies. We want our employees to feel safe to express themselves and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of talents. We are dedicated to promoting a healthy work/life balance, valuing our employees, and enabling them to make a difference to the local community.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Climate Change and Sustainability Project Manager | North Herts Council (north-herts.gov.uk)If you have queries on this role or require anything further, you can contact Sarah Kingsley, Service Director – Place, on 01462 474552