Cashier - Braintree District Council
Location: Braintree, Essex
Salary: £22,580 to £25,646 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Part time – 26 hours per week
Closing date: Midnight on Monday 5th June 2023
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Braintree Council to recruit this Cashier.
To Apply for this Cashier role please CLICK HERE and follow current vacancies, then search for Cashier.
We are looking for a Cashier to join our small but friendly Finance team.
Assisting with the daily delivery of the Income Management Collection Service, you will reconcile and deposit money, ensure payments are processed and liaise with the banking provider, other agencies and Council colleagues.
You will also act as the main point of contact for enquiries, respond to correspondence, maintain records and provide administrative support to the team.
With an accurate, methodical and organised approach to your work, you will ideally have some knowledge and experience of banking processes and have the ability to work proactively and to deadlines.
Educated to GCSE or equivalent level, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships. A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is essential for this role.
- Ensure that all monies received in whatever format are reconciled and deposited at bank.
- Ensure payments are efficiently processed.
- Liaison with the Council’s Banking provider, other agencies and Council officers with regard to all matters relating to the Income Management System.
- To deal with all correspondence and enquiries relating to income management matters including the primary reasons for non-receipt of amounts due to the Council.
- To maintain proper records relevant to the receipt of money and reconciliation of all prime records.
- Pass collections to security company, ensuring all security procedures are undertaken.
- Maintain high standards of customer care at all times and promote a culture of service excellence.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the service.
- Provide administrative support to the needs of the service.
Why choose Braintree District Council?
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach that is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
Staff benefits include -
* Competitive pay and benefits
* Free parking
* Local government pension scheme
* Learning and development for all staff
* Staff recognition schemes
* Extensive health and wellbeing programme including discounted gym membership
* Employee assistance programme
If you would like an informal chat about this post, please contact Theresa Peck or Mark Jarvis on 01376 552525.
What should you do next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Braintree District Council website or CLICK HERE
Please Note – Essex County Council is advertising this role on behalf of Braintree District Council and if successful you will be employed by Braintree District Council