Essex County Council are delighted to be supporting The Probation Service with these roles. Please note, applications made via the Apply Button on the Essex County Councils careers site will not be accepted. Applications should be made via the Ministry of Justice website which can be accessed here:
Locations: South Essex: Basildon and Southend (East of England Probation Service)
Salary: £19,087 - £23,182 per annum
Closing date: 6th February
Req ID: 69379
Permanent. Full time / part time / flexible
Helping people turn their lives around is immensely rewarding. Case Administrators play a key role within the Probation Service, supporting probation staff to work with people on probation.
As a Case Administrator, you will:
- ensure offender and victim information is collated and prepared for case files
- use your great communication skills to handle enquiries from colleagues, agencies and people on probation in a busy environment.
- ensure all processes run efficiently and that systems and databases are maintained properly
- Case Administrators are based in a wide variety of settings, including courts, prisons and dedicated probation offices.
We want you, not your qualifications
For us, your personal qualities are just as important as your skills and experience.
- be able to communicate with all kinds of individuals, including people in crisis
- be capable of thinking on your feet and comfortable working independently in a busy environment
- hold basic numeric skills
- hold good keyboard and IT skills including proficiency in MS Office Word, basic skills in Excel and an ability to use databases
In your first months you’ll receive work-based training. You’ll be supported by your team throughout, and you’ll be there for them in turn.
The Probation Service works with around 230,000 people on probation. Our staff have an important role to play – helping protect communities by supporting people to get back on track and make better life choices. Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive team that thrives on sharing knowledge and expertise.
The closing date for the Case Administrator role is 6th February at 11.55pm.
Please note, applications made via the Apply Button on the Essex County Councils careers site will not be accepted. Applications should be made via the Ministry of Justice website which can be accessed here: