Care Worker - Caremark Ltd - Harlow
£11 per hour
Location: Harlow and surrounding areas
Closing Date:23rd June 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Caremark Ltd to recruit Care Workers for their home care service based in Harlow.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, evening and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Please note, the weekday pay rate is £11 per hour and the weekend pay rate is £12 per hour.
Caremark is an established and highly regarded home care provider offering home care, personal support, home help and companionship services. Caremark home care provides ongoing personal support and assistance for adults in the comfort of their own home as often as it is needed. This could be anything from short daily visits through to 24-hour live-in support.
As a Care Worker with Caremark your main responsibility is to ensure customers receive the care, they need in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence.
Responsibilities will include
- Providing personal care to client who require additional support (i.e. getting up and going to bed, dressing, washing, preparing meals)
- Help clients with their mobility and with any physical disabilities
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of clients through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- Encourage the independence of clients wherever possible.
What matters most is your positive attitude to life and desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible. We’re also looking for people who are;
- Self-motivated and well organised.
- Caring, sensitive and supportive to the needs of others
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good recording and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible working options available
- Guaranteed Hours
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Full in-house paid training
- Fast-tracked DBS
- Mileage pay 30p
- Regular customers
- £11.00 weekdays and £12.00 weekends
- £16.00 per hour for all bank holidays/Christmas/New Years
Caremark want help you to build a career within care, providing opportunities to grow with the company.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Caremark Ltd and if successful you will be employed by Caremark Ltd.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Caremark Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors, and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Caremark Ltd applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful, you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk