Care Assistant – Linmar Care
£10.00 to £11.00 per hour
Closing Date:23rd June 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Linmar Care to recruit Care Assistants for their domiciliary service around Colchester, Essex.
Salary is paid at £10.00 per hour for contracted hours. £11.00 per hour for Bank staff.
The shift patterns vary with both full time and part time hours available and will require day, evening and weekend working. Shift times can be discussed at interview stage.
Linmar Care was established with the aim of helping more people maintain their independence by providing them with assistance with personal care and a wide variety of domestic tasks. Linmar Care is an independent Home Care company providing care and support to older people in their homes in and around Colchester, Tiptree, Mersea Island, Marks Tey and Coggeshall in Essex.
As a Care Assistant, you will be supporting clients in a safe and compassionate manner that is centred on their individual needs and wishes, respecting their choices and always promoting their dignity.
- Assisting service users with Personal care (i.e., washing, bathing, dressing, toileting and continence needs)
- Assisting service users with eating and drinking (i.e., helping clients to plan meals and drinks, shopping, prepare and serve food and drink, where necessary assisting clients to eat and drink)
- Assisting and prompting the taking of prescribed medicines and support with ordering and collecting prescriptions and returning unwanted and out of date medicines to the pharmacy for safe disposal
- Use personal equipment and aids in a safe way respecting the client’s dignity including walking frames, wheelchairs, manual and electric hoists, sliding sheets, hearing aids and other physical aids
- Support service users with general housework
- Help service users take part in social and physical activities
Your enthusiasm, people skills, reliability and “can-do” approach is vital for a role in care. Previous experience in a care role would be preferred but no formal experience is necessary as all our staff receive ongoing training tailored to the specific needs of the individual you support.
Please note as this is a home care role, applicants will need to have a full driver’s licence and access to their own vehicle.
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Linmar Care and if successful you will be employed by Linmar Care.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Linmar Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
Linmar Care apply a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk