Care Assistant - Care UK - Manor Lodge Care Home
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
£9.69 to £9.95 per hour
Closing Date: 6th July 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Care UK to recruit Care Assistants for their residential care facility, Manor Lodge Care Home.
Care UK are looking to recruit Care Assistants for both day and night shifts. Shift patterns can be discussed at interview stage. This role will also require weekend working.
Care UK are the UK's number one independent care provider and have been providing care for over 30 years. They operate throughout the UK providing care for more than 7,000 people in over 100 care homes and day clubs.
Manor Lodge is a purpose-built care home in Chelmsford that delivers permanent, respite nursing, residential and dementia care whilst holding outstanding.
As a care assistant, you will provide a high standard of care and support to clients, promoting their independence and ensuring they have the best quality of life.
- Assisting residents with personal care (i.e., dressing, undressing, bathing, toilet, housekeeping)
- Helping residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Helping care for residents who are at end of life
- Keeping up to date with resident’s care needs by reading Care Plans, Risk Assessments and daily Notes
- Helping in the promotion of mental and physical activity of Residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assist residents at mealtimes (i.e., set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals, wash up, tidy and clear the dining room)
- Assist under supervision, senior staff with the administration of medication
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Care UK and if successful you will be employed by Care UK.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Care UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
The Care Providers applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Care.Recruitment@essex.gov.uk