Care Assistant - Care UK - Colne View Care Home
Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
£9.88 Per hour*
Closing Date: 6th July 2022
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Care UK to recruit Care Assistants for their residential care facility, Colne View Care Home.
Care UK are looking to recruit Care Assistant for both days and night. Day shifts are paid at £9.40 to £9.66 per hour (depending on experience) and Night shifts are paid at £10.16 to £10.42 per hour. This role will also require weekend working.
Care UK are the UK's number one independent care provider and have been providing care for over 30 years. They operate throughout the UK providing care for more than 7,000 people in over 100 care homes and day clubs providing expert residential and nursing care.
At Colne View Care Home in Halstead, Essex, residents enjoy quality care while making the most of every day. Care UK’s expert team delivers compassion and professionalism to every resident. Nursing care, dementia care and nursing dementia care can be tailored to suit each resident. They also deliver short-term respite care, and sympathetic, discreet end of life care.
Care UK are looking for Care Assistants to join their team fantastic team are Colne View Care Home who share the same values: care, passion, and teamwork! You will have a passion for helping people when it comes to care and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
As a care assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting residents with personal care (i.e., dressing, undressing, bathing, toilet, housekeeping)Helping care for Residents who are at end of life
- Keeping up to date with Resident’s care needs by reading Care Plans, Risk Assessments and Daily Notes
- Helping in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assisting residents at mealtimes (i.e., set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals, wash up, tidy and clear the dining room)
- Contributing towards the development of activities and day care programmes for residents in which they can join in, and which will enhance their quality of life.
- Assisting under supervision, senior staff with the administration of medication
Note: ECC are advertising this role on behalf of Care UK and if successful you will be employed by Care UK.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Care UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults, and expects all employees, contractors and volunteers to share its commitment to prevent abuse, harm or exploitation.
The Care Providers applies a robust recruitment vetting process. If you are successful you will need to undergo a Pre-employment Vetting Procedure.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact email@example.com