Interim Assistant Director for Capital Delivery - Tendring District Council
Temporary, Part Time
£400 Per day
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Tendring District Council to recruit a Assistant Director for Capital Delivery on a Temporary basis for a period of up to 3-5 months.
Exact work location: Candidates will ideally need to attend the office (Clacton) 1 day per week with the remaining days per week / month being possible to work remotely if desired.
Salary: Up to £400 per day
Tendring District Council is seeking an experienced Assistant Director for Capital Delivery to lead a high-quality capital delivery function. The role will turn the vision set out in our two successful Levelling Up Fund bids worth £40m into reality - and do so on time and to budget.
This role will have a transformational impact on two iconic seaside towns through five major capital projects. The ideal candidate will have delivered major town centre redevelopment schemes, and be as comfortable discussing scheme detail with contractors, as engaging with local residents on their aspirations for their town, or briefing Cabinet members on progress.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A level 7/8 professional qualification appropriate to the delivery of capital projects – detailed knowledge and practical experience working within specialist area of local government legislation and governance.
- Chartered Status or other higher-level membership of a professional body appropriate to at least one of the professional areas of the directorate, i.e. Chartered Surveyors.
- A Level 6 Leadership or Management qualification.
- Experience of working in a complex and diverse organisation at a senior level undertaking similar functions and duties to those in the job description.
- Having a consistent record of giving sound professional advice and building success through effective and productive working relationships.
- Effective budget management skills.
You will be both supported by the friendly team whilst also able to manage, support and develop staff in your specialist area of work. You will also be able to demonstrate an ability to interpret legislation and provide associated advice to officers.
Why work with us?
- Make a difference to the local community and help us transform Tendring as we focus on positive society-wide benefits.
- Work for a high performing department with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Happy to consider candidates with a Public or Private sector background.
- Free Parking within 2 minutes of the office.
- Great funded training pathways. Encouraged to all staff for their continuing professional development.
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance. Note: Core Hours are 10am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Remote Working where possible.
- Local Authority Defined Benefit Pension Scheme.
- Up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- A fully funded Employee Assistance Programme.
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership.
- A number of Salary Sacrifice initiatives.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
What you should do next
If you have queries on this role or require anything further or would like a copy of the full Job Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 11962 or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Lee Heley on 07958 269 249.
Please note that Tendring Council’s Privacy Notice can be seen on the following link: https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/privacy