Business Support Officer - Tendring District Council
Permanent, Full Time
from £24,948 - £33,820 per annum
Essex County Council (ECC) are delighted to be supporting Tendring District Council to recruit into their Business Support Officer role.
Exact work location: 88-90 Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1TN (Hybrid)
Salary: from £24,948 - £33,820 per annum
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Please note: Closing date for applicants 6/6/23
Why work with us?
- Working for Tendring District Council, you will play your part in supporting the local community – in this role by promoting the good work and services we offer to those who use them.
- Work for a high performing department with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Free Parking within 2 minutes of the office.
- Great funded training pathways. Encouraged to all staff for their continuing professional development.
- Flexible working – with no official start or finish time you can make your work arrangement work around the other elements of your life offering a fantastic work / life balance. Note: Core Hours are 10am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Remote Working where possible.
- Local Authority Defined Benefit Pension Scheme.
- Up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- A fully funded Employee Assistance Programme.
- Discounted Corporate Gym Membership.
- A number of Salary Sacrifice initiatives.
- Continuous Service – Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
This is a great opportunity for a Business Support Officer to join our Housing and Environment directorate. This is a new role, created following an organisational restructure, which will give you ownership for new systems and processes.
The successful candidate will be required to provide efficient and proactive administrative, IT, technical, project and business support to the Directorate, including collating statistics, responding to Freedom of Information Act requests and preparing information reports.
This will be a fast paced and varied role and we are looking for someone who possesses excellent organisational and problem-solving skills and is experienced in delivering an efficient and smooth service.
If you think that you have the skills and personality needed to join us, then we look forward to hearing from you.
The Experience You Will Bring
- GCSE (A* - C) English Language and Mathematics or equivalent
- Able to operate MS-Word (a Level 2 IT qualification would be an advantage)
- Knowledge and experience of the application of ICT systems to deliver business solutions
- NVQ 2 Customer Services or Business Administration or equivalent skills gained through experience
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
When applying, within your supporting statement, please demonstrate your suitability against the competency criteria, which is detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification.
If you would like to see a full Job Description for this position, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org reference REQ12716
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com or Emma Norton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01255 68 6490.
Please note that Tendring Council’s Privacy Notice can be seen on the following link: https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/privacy