Business Support Intern (Neuro-Diverse Programme)
Fixed Term, Full Time
£9.50 per hour
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 14th August
Essex County Council (ECC) are pleased to offer four Neuro-Diverse Internships within Business Support.
The internships will be for 12 weeks and will be based within our offices. As an Intern, you will be supported during your time with us by your work buddies who will be on-hand to advise and guide you in your new role. You will also be supported and invited to regular check-ins with the Entry to Work Team.
The four opportunities within Business Support are specifically for individuals that have a primary diagnosis of Autism.
We are excited to offer the role of Business Support Assistant to join ECC’s Business Support Team.
Working as part of a highly skilled team, you will routinely deliver effective administrative support and a high-quality partner experience. You will be supporting a range of areas across the council. You will deliver a flexible and agile support service, seeking opportunities to develop your skills, capabilities and knowledge.
As a Business Support Intern, you will work as part of a team providing administrative support to the teams and colleagues across Essex County Council.
The role will be extremely rewarding if you have an interest in office administration, enjoy helping people and being part of a busy team. This is an exciting role and is perfect for someone considering a career in Administration and Local Government.
The Business Support Intern is a crucial role that enables our teams to do their work to a high standard. You will assist with the delivery of routine administrative tasks, dealing with day to day work including (but not limited to):
- Contributes to the administration support provided from our Business Centre.
- Complete ECC Corporate Governance E-learning modules.
- Responsible for supporting Business Support with data entry support, using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Word and bespoke ECC systems.
- Communicating with colleagues and partners, via email, MS Teams and/or phone.
- There will be opportunities to work in different areas of Business Support, such as working in reception or supporting frontline Social Care Teams.
- Other on-site general administration duties e.g. scanning, copying, sorting post, archiving, data cleansing and data entry.
- As the Internship develops, you may have the opportunity to develop your skills.
Full training and support will be given.
The experience you will bring:
- Educated to RQF level (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grace A*-C (or 4-9) or above.
- Previous work or volunteer experience working within a customer service or administrative role/ environment would be beneficial, but not essential as full training and support will be provided.
- Experience of working with IT systems including Microsoft Office applications, and willingness to learn new systems important.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and partners across the functional area and wider organisation, which are collaborative to deliver effective customer service.
The Business Support Intern will be based within an ECC building.
The exact hours to be worked can be discussed at interview.
Internship start date – 12th September 2022
We have four different locations for our Internship - Ely House in Basildon, County Hall in Chelmsford, Essex House in Colchester & Goodman House in Harlow (1 position available in each location)
Before applying, please make sure that you can answer ‘yes’ to the following statements:
- You have a primary diagnosis of autism
- You are aged 18 or over at the start of the internship
- You are a UK resident/have the right to work in the UK.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/people-and-transformation
Entry to Work: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/entry-to-work
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website..
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email: email@example.com