Business Support Assistant/Minute Taker
6 Months Fixed Term, Full Time 37 hours a week.
Up to £19,971 per annum
Location: Colchester and Chelmsford
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Please note this role will be working in a hybrid model which will include working from home and some office working as needed.
This role involves working as part of a business support team to deliver effective, routine administrative support within a Business Centre; learning and developing an understanding of existing processes and systems and develop knowledge of the functions within the council.
As a Business Support Assistant, you will provide general administrative support to ECC, dealing with day to day work instructed from your line manager. Accurate and efficient data entry onto ECC systems is required, to ensure that all customer service requests are met within a specified time frame and are in line with data protection policies.
- Providing high quality, efficient and effective Business Support services to internal and external customers within agreed timescales and Legal Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Responding to customer requests and queries in a timely and efficient way.
- Acting as a professional representative of the Business Support service at a local level.
- Delivering the required activities of the respective business centre(s).
- Providing high quality self-directed administrative support, checking own work and proactively looking to raise standards.
- Maintaining confidential records according to Essex County Council guidance.
- Dealing with correspondence for the team or service in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Sharing knowledge and good practice with colleagues and highlighting more efficient ways of doing tasks.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Good Standard of basic education – 5 GCSEs grade C and above (including Maths and English) or comparable experience/qualifications.
- Ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy – including Microsoft Office applications and internal ECC databases.
- Previous experience of managing electronic or hard copy filing systems.
- Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
- As part of the role you may have access to sensitive and/or personal information.
- Ability to think about alternative ways of doing things and being open to new work practices and responsive to change.
- Ability to take ownership of work and fulfil agreed commitments, checking work for accuracy.
- Minute Taking Skills - relevent transferable skills desirable, however full training will be provided.
- Possess the ability to work independently and use their own initiative.
- Confident in dealing with our customers with a positive attitude.
- Possess the ability to manage their own workload and adhere to service level agreements.
- Adaptable in utilising different software applications.
To read more about us please visit: People & Transformation: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/people-and-transformation
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com