Business Support Assistant (Essex Legal Services)
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £19,971 per annum
Working Style: Fixed-base worker
Closing Date: 3rd July 2022
Essex Legal Services ‘ELS’ provide high quality, professional, legal advice across the Council and to increasing numbers of external clients.
As part of the Practice Management function, you will be working closely with colleagues within a small team to deliver high quality business support to legal colleagues.
The successful applicant will be an experienced administrator, with strong organisational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships leading to excellent customer service.
- Contributes to the delivery of high quality business support services, including all aspects of administration, postal services, creating and maintaining records and databases, across Essex Legal Services.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues for understanding customer needs to provide them with a service they value, driving the delivery of productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for delivering against personal objectives which support the wider function strategic vision.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of local systems and processes to improve efficiency and service delivery.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues/stakeholders and clients to ensure a quality service is provided to the customer.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to ‘A’ level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of knowledge in relevant professional area and a willingness to develop.
- Experience of working within an administrative or business management environment, within the public or private sector.
- Ability to build good working relationships across a large, complex organisation with colleagues and customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/corporate-services
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email email@example.com