Business Support Assistant
Up to £19,971 per annum
Fixed term contract until 30/09/2023
**Please note this is a fixed term contact until 30/09/2023**
Closing date for applications 26/3/23.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options. Business Support is an integral part of the council and will provide key skills to progress within ECC. We promote flexible working which will enable you to work from other locations throughout the county. The Role: This role involves working as part of a Business Service Support Team to deliver effective, routine administrative support; learning and developing an understanding of existing processes and systems and developing knowledge of Adult Social Care. This is an integrated role working with the Countywide Duty Team who provide telephony support to Adults within the community. Job Purpose: As a Business Support Assistant, you will provide general administrative support to ECC, dealing with day-to-day work instructed from the Senior Business Support Administrator. Accurate and efficient data entry onto ECC systems is required, to ensure that all customer service requests are met within a specified time frame and are in line with data protection policies. Key Accountabilities:
- Handling inbound and outbound calls for the Countywide Duty Team from professionals, care providers, service users etc.
- Directing calls and work to the appropriate teams/workers.
- The gathering of information and utilising Mosaic to record information.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- First point of contact for administration within the team.
- Inbox management.
- Sending out of information in line with GDPR.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Good Standard of basic education – 5 GCSEs grade C and above (including Maths and English) or comparable experience/qualifications.
- Minimum 6 months office experience.
- Telephony experience is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy – including Microsoft Office applications and internal ECC databases.
- Previous experience of managing electronic or hard copy filing systems.
- Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
- As part of the role you may have access to sensitive and/or personal information.
- Ability to think about alternative ways of doing things and being open to new work practices and responsive to change.
- Ability to take ownership of work and fulfil agreed commitments, checking work for accuracy.
- This position may require minute taking experience, therefore relevant transferable skills are desirable, however full training will be provided.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service .
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/people-and-transformation
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found here pay and reward
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com