Permanent, Full Time
Up to £36,857 per annum
About the role
Technology Services (TS) deliver a wide range of business applications, platforms and infrastructure that are essential to the provision of services throughout the council.
The Applications team play a critical role in support of a wide range of platforms and technologies. The team is responsible for underpinning and delivering business applications and services to the council and Essex residents.
The Applications Analyst is responsible for carrying out application development,
maintenance and system configuration activities for enterprise and line-of-business applications.
Where applications and systems are delivered as a service, the Applications Analyst will work with the Service Providers to ensure applications maintain currency and security and effectively meet the business requirements of the Council.
· Work collaboratively within a team of Application Analysts to meet required Service and Operational Levels, and application performance objectives.
· Responsible for the configuration and management of enterprise application platforms such as Microsoft 365.
· Responsible for the deployment of new and existing web applications to our Azure infrastructure.
· Responsible for performing upgrades and patching to web applications as part of the need to meet security requirements standards and fix vulnerabilities.
· Responsible for the creation of integrations into back-end systems using common technologies.
· Responsible for working collaboratively to deliver application work plans in support of projects and BAU maintenance activities including the management of security and risk.
· For applications delivered ‘As A Service’ work with the Service Providers to ensure such applications maintain security and currency and that configuration is maintained to meet Business requirements.
· Responsible for delivering support in accordance with the work allocation, performance, training and development plan on a day-to-day basis as a member of the Applications Support team.
· Maintain in depth, up-to-date business knowledge, specialist technical skills and market intelligence relating to the relevant applications.
· Responsible in the absence of the Senior Applications Analyst for providing supervision and guidance to the team to ensure continuity of management and effective delivery of the applications service in support of business operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Experience of Microsoft 365 Administration Centre (specifically SharePoint, Teams, Power Automate and Power BI)
· Managing SaaS applications
· SQL programming language
· Excellent customer service skills
· Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
· Familiar with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
· Knowledge of content management systems such as Umbraco, Drupal or WordPress
· Oracle Fusion, Oracle Cloud Integration.
· Experience of working within the Azure environment.
· Experience of consuming APIs such as RESTful and SOAP web services.
· Managing Domain Name System (DNS)
· Managing Internet Information Services (IIS)
· Managing SSL certificates
· Managing email security protocols (SPF, DMARC, DKIM)
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/organisational-behaviours/
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.