1st Line Support Analyst
Temporary, Full Time
£150 per day PAYE/Umbrella
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Please note this is a Temporary Contract for 1 month only.
Full-time, 37 hours per week
£150.00 per day PAYE/Umbrella
This is classed as an Anywhere Worker role. There may be the occasional requirement to attend County Hall, Chelmsford.
Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support the Authority from a technological perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring TS Services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
The First Line Support Analyst is responsible for the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to Incident reports and Service Requests, including channelling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service restoration. Wherever possible resolving incidents at the first point of contact to reduce time to fix and increase user satisfaction.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving incidents following agreed procedures to maintain the quality and consistency of the service, enhancing customer experience and maintaining high levels of satisfaction.
- Responsible for facilitating recovery to normal operation following resolution of incidents ensuring business services are operating normally to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed in order that normal business operation is confirmed and lessons learned can be acted on to support service improvement.
- Responsible for analysing the causes of incidents, informing service owners in order to minimise probability of recurrence, contribute to service improvement ensuring continuity and effectiveness of business operations.
- Responsible for analysing metrics and reports on performance of the incident management process to highlight lessons learned in support of continual service improvement to ensure minimal disruption in the business environment.
- Responsible for wherever possible resolving reported incidents at the first point of contact or making a quick decision to escalate as appropriate ensuring optimum service resolution to reduce business disruption and increase customer satisfaction.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to A Level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject. Hold ITIL Foundation level accreditation or equivalent professional qualification.
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
- Must demonstrate a track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP.
- Experience of supporting a large organisation over a wide network.
- Experience of supporting Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Good customer service skills.
To read more about us please visit: Corporate Services
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email Christine.email@example.com